Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh Snot! :P

With having this horrid cold that so many have been getting of late, and going through at least a box and a half of Puffs not as soft the 150th time, I thought I would look up one of the many things we want to ask, but never ask because we don't want to sound stupid. =] (That's why I like Google so much I think:)
So here it is-

Where does snot come from?
"You blow your nose, out comes snot. Five seconds later, you're stuffed-up again. Where is all this mucus coming from?
When it comes to science questions, we like to consult kid-friendly sites. (As English majors, we need simple answers.) Fortunately, Kidzworld fits the bill. The site explains that snot comes from mucus membranes that line the inside of your nose. The membranes secrete mucus in order to protect you from dust, germs, and pollen. The snot traps all this nasty stuff so it doesn't get into your lungs.
As Ask Dr. Universe informed us, the mucus acts like a shower inside your nose, washing away dead cells and germs. When you have a cold, even more mucus forms to get rid of the germs as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, this can result in too much mucus, blocking the air passages and leading to a stuffed-up nose.
Still, the occasional clogged schnoz is a small price to pay for ridding your body of germs. Three cheers for snot! Drip, drip, hooray! Drip, drip, hooray! Drip, drip, hooray!"

Wow, that was helpful. Had I not read that, I would still be mad I had to keep blowing so much, I'm still not very happy about it, don't get me wrong, I'm not that great of a person! =]
Like the part where my eyes feel like they are going to blow out every time I blow my nose, or when it's half blood half snot coming out, or the pounding head ache that it has caused.
So, all in all, Thank you Lord for making my nose work they way you made it to so I wouldn't be any sicker, but Lord can it clear up soon? =]

Sorry to gross all you out with this post, but some times ya just gotta post what's on your mind, or in this case what's in your nose. =]

Others that have this horrid cold- Brad was one of the first that it got a hold of, and he is still having problems with his ears hurting.
-Mom, she got it last week some time and is still fighting with it hard, and on top of that she has a TON of stuff she has to do for the Ladies thing tomorrow!
(By the way-
Happy Mothers Day Mom!
Had to fit that in some where seeing a this is Mothers Day. ) =]
-Dad has had it really bad for about two weeks now I think. He had it out in Portland the whole time and was ever so kind enough to share it with ...
-Pastor Wright and...
-Myself. I felt it coming on Monday, and it's just gotten worse as its gone along. The plane didn't help my ears any either, I still can't hear and it's been three days. =o
So, if you would be praying for everyone with this horrid cold, and for everyone else around us NOT to get it, that would be great!

Hey, I think I only went through about 6 Puffs while typing this! I think the Excedrin MIGHT be helping! (I never take stuff for colds, so if that doesn't tell you how bad it really is come on over here and let my give you the cold, then you can see for your self! =]

OK, I think that's enough rambling! :)

Be glad when you got snot, it's there for a good reason! =]

3 comments:

Anna Joy said...

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, bsbt! (and hoping I don't get it from being in close proximity to you yesterday)
Have been and will continue to be praying for ya!

Hannah said...

Good and interesting post :)

I Hope you,your Mom and Dad get better soon!!


Anna!! Proximity is Close,Close is Proximity!!!!!!!!!!! =]

Yes! I hope I don't get The Cold either being in proximity, but if I do I'll just have to ride it out i guess.

Rhonda said...

I knew you were sick, but when I saw that you had taken Excedrin I knew you must be REALLY sick. I didn't think I would ever see the day you would resort to drugs. :) There is a time for everything!