Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pondering...


I was reading through the Hymn Book last night, and song after song, even just the titles of them were a comfort to me.
Try it sometime when you're down or even when you're up, read through and see that you aren't the only one, the song writers have been through hard times and good times as well, and through those times, we have many wonderful, well known songs, that we know but do we really know the words and what a comfort and joy they could be to us if we really looked at them and what they are saying to us or about us?
Somehow I always start with Trust and Obey, I love this song, the words to it have helped me through so many times. From there I came to Be Still, My Soul. Oh wow.
'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus,
Moment by moment I'm kept in His love; Moment by moment I've life from above; Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine; Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
A Child of the King,
A Shelter in the Time of Storm,
What a fellowship, what a joy divine, Leaning on the ever lasting arms; What a blessedness, what a peace is mine, Leaning on the ever lasting arms...,
Simply trusting every day, Trusting through a stormy way; Even when my faith is small, Trusting Jesus that is all,
Under His wings I am safely abiding, Tho the night deepens and tempests are wild; Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me, He has redeemed me and I am His Child. Under His wings, under His wings, Who from His love can sever? Under His wings, under His wings, Safely abide forever.
I am so glad that our Father in heav'n Tells of His love in the Book He has giv'n; Wonderful things in the Bible I see This in the dearest, that Jesus Loves me!,
I Am Thine, O Lord.,
Jesus Is Lord of All.,
More Love to Thee, O Christ.,
My Jesus I Love Thee.,
Though my everlasting portion, More then friend or life to me; All along my pilgrim journey, Savior, let me walk with Thee.,
All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.,
Wherever He Leads I'll Go,
All for Jesus, all for Jesus! All my being's ransomed pow'rs: All my tho'ts and words and doings, All my days and all my hours!,
My life, my love I give to Thee, Thou Lamb of God who died for me; O may I ever faithful be, My Savior and my God! I'll live for Him who died for me, How happy then my life shall be! I'll live for Him who died for me, My Savior and my God!,
Have Thine own way Lord, Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still.,
Living for Jesus a life that is true, Striving to please Him in all that I do; Yielding allegiance, glad hearted and free, This is the pathway of blessing for me. O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee; For Thou, in Thy atonement, Didst give Thyself for me. I own no other Master, My heart shall be Thy throne. My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.,
Where He Leads Me I Will Follow.,
I have decided to follow Jesus, The world behind me, the cross before me; Tho' none go with me, I still will follow, Will you decide now to follow Jesus? No turning back, no turning back.,
Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee; Take my moments and my days Let them flow in ceaseless praise, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.,
1. I am weak but Thou art strong; Jesus, keep me from all wrong; I'll be satisfied as long As I walk, let me walk close to Thee. 2.Thro' this world of toil and snares, If I falter, Lord who cares? Who with me my burdened shares? None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. 3.When my feeble life is o're, Time for me will be no more; Guide me gently, safely o'er To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea, Daily, walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.,
Open My Eyes, That I May See.,
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of My heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Though art Though my best thought, by day or by night, Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.,
Open Our Eyes, Lord.,
To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus! My desire to be like Him! All thru life's journey from earth to glory, My desire to be like Him.,
Jesus, keep me near the cross There a precious fountain, Free to all, a healing stream, Flows from Calv'ry's mountain.,
O to Be Like Thee!,
I Would Be Like Jesus.,
More About Jesus would I know, More of His grace to others show, More of His saving fullness see, More of His love who died for me.,
Nearer, still nearer, close to Thy heart, Draw me, my Savior, so precious Thou art., Nearer, My God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee! E'en though it be a cross That raiseth me; Still all my song shall be, Nearer my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee.,
Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord.,
Fill My Cup, Lord.,
My heart has no desire to stay Where doubts arise and fears dismay; Tho some may dwell where these abound, My pray'r, my aim, is higher ground.,
I Want to Be Like Jesus.,
My Hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus' name.,
My Faith Has Found a Resting Place Not in device or creed: I trust the Everliving One His wounds for me shall plead. I need no other argument, I need no other plea; It is enough that Jesus died, And that He died for me.,
My Hope Is in the Lord.,
Have Faith in God when your pathway is lonely, He sees and knows all the way you have trod; Never alone are the least of His children; Have faith in God, have faith in God.,
I Know Whom I Have Believed.,
My Faith Looks Up to Thee.,
The Joy of the Lord.,
Sun of My Soul.,
I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Come unto Me and rest;".,
He Giveth More Grace.,
No One Understands Like Jesus.,
All Your Anxiety.,
Abide with Me!,
Only Believe.,
No, Not One!,
Tell Me the Old, Old Story.,
In the Garden.,
I Need Thee Every Hour.,
Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying.,
I Must Tell Jesus all of my trials, I cannot bear these burdens alone; In my distress He kindly will help me, He ever loves and cares for His own. I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! I cannot bear my burdens alone; I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.,
Sweet Hour of Prayer.,
1. What a Friend We Have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer! 2. Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged, Take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful Who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness, Take it to the Lord in prayer. 3. Are we weak and heavy laden, Cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our Refuge Take it to the Lord in prayer. Do thy friend despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer; In His arms He'll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there.
This last song I went to bed with on my mind. What a blessing the Hymns are. It has been far to long since I have just played through and read them to myself. Just 8 or 9 every Sunday just doesn't cut it! :) I hope you enjoy them as I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro. jesse said that now you need to get started on the red book! :) hi bsbt!-megs

Anonymous said...

BSBT, obviously, we are unable to communicate on your chat box, so write me here, if you are there.-megs

Anonymous said...

are you there now, bsbt? if you are, do'nt even ask what i'm doing up at almost 1 in the morning! - megs