Friday, January 25, 2008

Have You Ever Had A Day Like This

PSALM 38
O LORD, Rebuke me not in thy
wrath: neither chasten me in thy
hot displeasure.
2 For thine arrows stick fast in me,
3 There is no soundness in my flesh
because of thine anger; neither is there
any rest in my bones because of my
sin.
4 For mine iniquities are gone over
mine head: as an heavy burden they are
too heavy for me.
5 My wounds stink and are corrupt
because of my foolishness.
6 I am troubled; I am bowed down
greatly; I go mourning all the day
long.
7 For my loins are filled with a loath-
some disease: and there is no soundness
in my flesh.
8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have
roared by reason of the disquietness of
my heart.
9 Lord, all my desire is before thee;
and my groaning is not hid from
thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength
faileth me: as for the light of mine
eyes, it also is gone from me.
11 My lovers and my friends stand
aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen
stand afar off.
12 They also that seek after my life
lay snares for me: and they that seek
my hurt speak mischievous things, and
imagine deceits all the day long.
13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not;
and I was as a dumb man that openeth
not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth
not, and in whose mouth are no
reproofs.
15 For in thee, O LORD, do I
hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my
God.
16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise
they should rejoice over me: when my
foot slippeth, they magnify themselves
against me.
17 For I am ready to halt, and my
sorrow is continually before me.
18 For I will declare mine iniquity;
I will be sorry for my sin.
19 But mine enemies are lively, and
they are strong: and they that hate me
wrongfully are multiplied.
20 They also that render evil for good
are mine adversaries; because I follow
the thing that is good is.
21 Forsake me not, O Lord: O my
God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O LORD
my salvation.
~
Thank you Lord,
for giving us your book
to read and give
comfort.

2 comments:

liberty said...

Yeah, I have. And boy, what a comfort the Psalms are!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for posting this. It was just a few days in advance to when I really needed it.