Monday, April 20, 2009

Hannah's Birthday Surprise!

Hannah- My great friend ever since I was 2 years old (at least I think that's when we met). What would I ever have done without her? Growing up we had our quibbles, like any two little girls do, but no matter how we would fight (mostly when we were younger, and only really over toys), it never really came to anything. Now a days we don't really fight, you will see below one of our first fights in a long time... :D Though very quiet most of the time, she will put forth what she thinks when everyone else gives her a chance to. But mostly, she likes to take in what others are saying, and think deeply about it. I can always see her mind working over something when we are just walking along without saying anything, or just sitting there. Though we do talk at times, there is still an understanding of our friendship when we just walk together in stride without saying a thing but now and then.

Something fun about Hop- Why, you may ask, do I call her "Hop". Well, it's quite simple you see, it's the way my mind works... :) We were out playing Volleyball one night, and there was another Hannah there, it is really hard to say "Yours Hannah" when there are two Hannah's on the same teem! (Or two of any name for that matter). So I knew something needed to be done! I looked over at my Hannah, trying to think of what we could call her that would be short, would fit her, and we could remember. She had on that night an Orange shirt, and a Purple skirt. What do you do with that? Well, I'm sure you've guessed it by now. Her name starts with a H, Orange starts with an O, and Purple starts with P. Therefore, we called her Hop. Though for others that have called her Hannah for her whole life it was hard to change to Hop, so most of the time it is only me what calls her Hop. I enjoy nick names! :D Though I'm sure you can't tell. =]

So what brought this post about? Well, Hop just had a Birthday last week, and some of us girls got together to surprise her! :D It turned out quite to every ones enjoyment I do believe, (hope:) I just thought I'd let you see her reaction as she came down the stairs and saw all of us there! :D Hope the video works well, and that you may enjoy it!

While you're around, you want to drop a note and tell Hop Happy Belated Birthday? I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing it! :)

First you shall see Mom coming down, then me, then Lydia, and Hannah last. To get hop to come down stairs I asked her if she wanted to play some ping-pong real fast... =D

Love you Hop!

4 comments:

Anna Joy said...

Happy Birthday again, Hoppy!!!

The party was so much fun....I thought we were in trouble for a few minutes when we pulled up but boy was she ever surprised! :)

Amber said...

Happy Belated Birthday Hop!!
For the 73,994th time... :)
Just thought that i would listen to Bethany for a change and do what she says for once... :)

Rhonda said...

Glad you were able to pull off the surprise.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Hannah.
I always wondered where the name "Hop" came from. Of course, there are so many crazy nicknames floating around up there you just stop wondering after a while.
Jonathan had two friends named Daniel that he spent a lot of time with a while back. They got nicknames so they could tell them apart. They ended up with Beeves and LeRoy. I have no idea where those came from.

Hannah said...

I love you too!! Yeah we have had our "quibbles" :) like the one Thursday night :P 'Hey,Lydia, Jubilee has my bow,don't know why....' Bethany thought of it a "Little" differently :) 'You shouldn't let guy go like that' Bow or Beau?? I tickled her so bad!! She was handing me my things from arms length saying 'See you tomorrow' and laughing
(Sam has guitar lessons with Bethany)..........Got to Townsends the next morning.Lydia had spent the night there... Mrs.Townsend asked Lydia and I if we could go water the garden,so we went to do that.After a while Bethany came out and asked me if I wanted to play a game of ping-pong real quick...you know the rest of the story... :)

Thanks Girls and the Townsends!!

Wow! that was the longest comment I've ever typed.