Monday, September 13, 2010

Extream Trust In God

I hope if you read this, you can understand it! =]
I'll probably read back over it in the morning and be going "HUH???" :)

I was reading just now in the book of I Kings 18, and am getting ready to read the next too chapters. But first, I wanted to comment on a few thoughts that I had as reading it.

First off, you know how O-ba-di'ah, in the beginning is all worried that Elijah is going to be carried away by the Spirit of the Lord, "wither I know not."
I wonder, did it go through Elijah's mind to hide behind something and watch for him to come back? OK, I know that's mean, but you have to admit, it would be funny. =]
And we know he had a sense of humor just by reading on in the chapter- "And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked."
I love that!
And then the next verse sayes- "And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them."
OK, ouch!
Dad preached about Gideon, (yesterday now) when he pulled down the altar of Ba'al and how the people weren't so very happy with him when they found out in the morning. But then Gideon's father asked them when they were wanting to kill Gideon, "Will ye plead for Ba'al? will ye save him?..."and then he said "if he be a god, let him plead for himself, because one hath cast down his altar."
So true! Hehe :)
I just wanted to point out that we serve a Loving God, yet a Just God.
He doesn't want us jumping around cutting ourselves trying to get him to pay heed to us.
He just wants us to Trust Him. He would never ask us to harm ourselves in such a manner.
Can you think of any other "Religion" that doesn't require harm to self or others?
So many cry for peace, there is no peace with out the one that is Peace.
Alright, I think that is enough for now, I've probably lost you all already. :D
This is what you get for writing so late-erly.
But I just had to say something about it, and everyone else has gone to bed! (Wonder why?:)
Alright, I shall go on with my reading, on to bed, and on loving my God!
And not cutting myself to try to get Him to look at me. (If I were to cut myself I think I would be praying for healing:)
ALRIGHT! I'll go to bed! =]
Let me know what you think please.
The blogs seem to have died for the most part.
It would be nice to have something going again, maybe?
bye =D

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

When ever I read that passage or hear about that passage it always makes me think about the movie A Man Called Peter. Peter Marshall preached on that passage in that movie. :)

Yes, I am so very thankful that we don't have to do anything to try to get God's attention. He knows every emotion and action and thought and loves us in spite of it because when He looks at us He sees Christ.