Friday, October 1, 2010

Nshima & Malt-O-Meal

OK, so this morning I was looking for something to eat for breakfast.
Didn't really want eggs or anything like that.
Trying to stay away from sweet stuff because I have a cold.
Meaning I'm also trying to stay away from milk. Therefore, no Cheerios... =/
So, I looked to see what else we had.
Seeing the Malt-O-Meal, of which I've never tried, I asked Mom what it was like.
She said she liked it.
I was only half trusting her judgment seeing as no one ever fully agrees on food. :)
But it was something hot, and that sounded good.
So I make it up, and as I was putting it in my bowl, and adding raisins... I started thinking it looked a lot like Nshima!
I only added raisins, so sure enough, it really tasted like Nshima!
It's the closest thing I can think of anyways. It's just not as thick as they make Nshima, but it comes close.

I wonder if the Zambians would be offended if I started putting Raisins in my Nshima? =]

The end :D
Have A Blessed Day!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I was reading and thinking "Malt-O-Meal" is a brand so what is she talking about?" Glad you posted the picture. :) Cream of wheat is yummy! It is best with apple butter stirred in. :)

Anonymous said...

We won't get offended if you add cinnamon. Actually, it is similar, and porridge is often made for breakfast which is mostly like Malt-O-Meal. Clara likes to put grounded peanuts in it. Today, she actually put peanut butter. I usually go for cinnamon and raisins if I have them. I still like oatmeal better though. Especially with Maple Syrup. Don't forget a pinch of salt. From-You ZamSis