Monday, March 9, 2009

Post 2 Of Zambia Trip. Day At The Plot

Mr. Banana

and Mr. Peach :D

Ba Clara
Ba Jennifer

Me :D (that is a really bad one of me!)

Taking food, water, and tools out to the plot
Some of the men that were already at work on tamping when we got there.
Dad trying his hand at it. He found out it wasn't as easy as they make it look!

The camera man getting some footage

Evans' son. (I think)

Jen and I Raking

A close up of the Lacolight (stones and clay, kind of)

Showing how the camera works

Jennifer making sure we are all hard at work. :)

Not that everyone was 'hard at work' :)
But most everyone was. :) Here are some of the guys slashing the grass.

And me raking up their mess. :)

Jennifer still keeping an eye on everyone's work. (One of the guys took the other rake, so we were taking turns with the one. She was doing work half the time at least.) :)

Dad resting

Maria and Monde, getting the food so they can get it ready.
That's where that other rake went! :)

Dad working on his golf swing

Me- "OW, head, HOT"
Caleb- "you sure you don't want my hat?"
Me- "Um... yes, but no." =]

My two goofballs

With Kenny standing as tall as he can, and Caleb bending down as much as he can, the height difference is still there. :)
Kenny is so funny it was so hard not to smile! :)

He is something else! :)

The biggest little helper. The one that 'really' runs the show. :)

Kenny's not too bad with the camera is he. :)

Hehe! :D
Getting the food ready

Judith Banda. (how do you like the shower cap?) :D

Dorothy Lufunda

Not sure on her name

The guys through the tall grass
Maria and Monde asked me to go for a walk with them to get some pots to cook the food in. They asked if they could try to take a "snap" so this is the first one. :)

Maria and I

Monde and I

Another one they took
The three of us together

Cleaning the worms out of the dried fish

Look yummy?! :)

No those are not my feet, though I'm sure you would have thought them mine over Jennifer's. :)

No, we didn't eat with them that day... we had to... you know, get home to... rest. :)
Cutting up the veggies

Monde

Monde :)

Me :D

The ladies. This is one of those 'everyone do your own thing' pictures. :)
Cutie

Break in the shade

The grass was a bit slick. :)

Um, what are they doing?

Ah! it's the three slashcaters!
Well people, that's post two. Hope you enjoyed! Keep watching for more. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL Are you SURE, I mean, absolutely positive that you don't want to borrow Caleb's hat? :P :D I'm sure he was being kind in offering it to you but that is TOTALLY gross! :) Anyway, looks like fun. However, I don't think I'd have wanted to stay for "lunch" either.

Rhonda said...

I think (KNOW) I would have needed to go home and "rest" too! I don't like fish period but those... Yeowsers!
By the way, Bethany, part of the beauty (no pun intended) of having your own blog is that if there is a picture of yourself that you don't like you don't have to post it! ;) I really liked the one of you when you said Kenny wasn't too bad with the camera. That was really cute.

BSBT said...

Rachel- yes he was being rather kind, I just wanted to be kind back and not have him uncover his head and the rest of him turn red. :) Anyway, I think it might have hurt to put it on. =]

Rhonda- You haven't disliked fish till you have smelled the fish market! My goodness, that is bad!
I know that I don't have to post pictures of myself, but I like to keep it fare. I post so many mean pictures of others that I have to be nice and do a bad one of me every now and then. :)Aren't I kind? :D