Saturday, March 14, 2009

Zambia Trip Post 5

Day at the Church plot

Walking out to the plot

Many are already hard at work

Getting sand to put in piles to be mixed with the cement

More sand

Pastor Frazer, and Morgan (Jennifer's yard worker)

I've always looked up to my Dad :)

Maria and Clara making Nshima for the workers

Maria going to town stirring

Clara adding more and more to it...

...and more and more

Mmmm... what's this??? =]

Got a guess? :)

Jennifer said I should try my hand at it.

It's sure not as easy as Maria made it look!

Jennifer kept saying, "look up and smile while you stir" and I kept saying, "HOW?!" =]

Clara's turn

Checking out the other food

Clean up

Clara making lumps of the Nshima. Each of the guys can eat about 4 of those

Getting the meat ready

Yummy

Look good? :)

Juiciness

Kids looking on and ready to eat. :)

Oh so good... to them. =]

I just love walking by and seeing some one's food looking at me. :P Yuck!

Close up look of what all they had on at this time.

Still working hard

Don't know what more to say... =]

Another look from over here

Uh oh, what are those two up to now?

Something I'm sure.

Hehe. I think Kenny is funny, but I'm not thinking Caleb was thinking the same at the time. :)

Another snap of Mr. Banana. (Ouch!)

Now that the food is done the guys are getting ready to eat

After a long day of digging sand they are all ready to dig into the food! :)

Back over with the ladies whom are enjoying their food as well

Clara talking to Kenny

He looks in such pain doesn't he! Well, he just came over to get the salt. :)

Back to eating

This is one of the bags the Nshima comes in

Anyone want some?
Have a guess at what this is?

Here it is a bit closer for you.

Jennifer, Dad, and Frazer
Dad and Frazer

Who do you think will win?
Maria bringing back the bowls the guys 'cleaned' out!

Now what? =]

Looks like Kenny's got himself a slave

Back to work

OK, so they are hard workers, when they are working! :)

More and more sand

I thought it was funny that the white guy had a black shirt on, and the black guy had a white shirt on. :)

Awaiting more lifting

One last snap from on the way home. Some were asking how Caleb did with his burn. Well, I hope by now he has broken down and started to use sun screen
Well, that's all folks. For this post that is.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I really don't think I could take the food. However, at this point I'm not a good judge! :) Anyway, looks like some people were working and well, I guess the others were working part of the time! =]

Amber said...

.....OOOOOUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHH!! That looks incredibly painful!!
As for the food.... That just looks nasty!! :P I am guessing it to be fish stew, or something gross like that.